For participants of
Resourcing Ministry: Fundamentals of Financial Church Administration
With James Glass, Chris Levan, Bonnie Greene and Ron Ewart
Saturdays, January 26 & February 2 & May 4, 2013
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Newtonbrook United Church, Toronto
The United Church of Canada is offering
a Learning-in-Community Grant of $75 per person
for those who wish to attend the event as a group,
and then continue to meet and reflect on learnings together
To gather people in ministry leadership (lay and ordered) into small groups to talk about how to integrate the ideas from the conference into the life and work of their home church(es).
- Groups can meet either face-to-face, or by telephone conference call.
- Telephone conference call fees will be paid by the National Church
- Groups must be a minimum of 5 people preference will be given to groups representing more than one pastoral charge
- Groups covenant to meet regularly between January and June 2013
- Each group sets its own agenda, and determines how it wants to address the issues
- Group members are accountable to each other for their learning, and for group process
- One member of the group is designated "facilitator"
- to convene the meetings, send reminders, make sure that notes are kept and circulated, and keep the discussion focussed
- to participate in four "facilitators' conference calls" with General Council staff (June, September, November, and January) and one face-to-face meeting at the event
- Groups must have a majority of United Church members, but may also include participants from other denominations.
- Learning-in-Community Grant program will provide $75 per person
- Each Learning Circle will designate a United Church congregation (or Presbytery, or Conference) to receive the monies on its behalf.
- Applications will be processed on a "first-come first served basis funding is limited so please apply early!
Click HERE to Apply for the Grant